add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Which PSU is better for my build?

Flight
  • 51 months ago

So basically I need help choosing a proper PSU for my build.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor $124.99 @ SuperBiiz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $49.99 @ Amazon
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory $42.88 @ OutletPC
Storage Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $84.99 @ Newegg
Case NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case $36.99 @ SuperBiiz
Power Supply SeaSonic 300W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $36.72 @ SuperBiiz
Optical Drive LG GH24NSC0B DVD/CD Writer $12.88 @ OutletPC
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $389.44
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-28 20:14 EST-0500

I'm having trouble between This one

: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-power-supply-cx430

And this one

: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/seasonic-power-supply-ss300esbronze

I've heard really bad things about corsair but not much about seasonic,

hmmm..............

Comments

• 51 months ago
  • 2 points

I suggest this one over both of those: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/seasonic-power-supply-ssr350st

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

What platform is that one based off of?

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 51 months ago
  • 1 point

I can just imagine you sitting there waiting for the perfect chance to inform someone about the platform used with what I'm assuming (based off name, correct me if I'm wrong) is your own site.

Good to know anyway.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm not sitting there waiting for any chance, but I sure like to be useful when I can. Seasonic made them a while ago - they aren't particularly special in any way, but it's better than both of those from the main post.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

yup :).

[comment deleted]
  • 51 months ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
Power Supply Fractal Design Edison M 450W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $44.99 @ Newegg
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $44.99
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-29 03:29 EST-0500

This is a Seasonic G series unit for $45 shipped.

Won't find anything better for the money.

Only $2 more than the SS-300ES, $5 more than the CX430. Better quality and efficiency and power and thermal headroom than either. (also superior to, and cheaper than the ST series PSU suggested).

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

For some reason it's 100$ now...

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

that's it's regular price. sometimes the links here are out of date and sometimes that psu goes on sale for $50 then back to regular price the next day.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Look at the price history ;)

Cross fingers that it goes back on sale in the next few days, or settle for something less I suppose.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh,

Alrighty.

Thanks!

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

It sucks that over the course of the past days, it jumps to 50$ for like an hour then goes back up to 100$, no way to find out when that is either......

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

;(

You might be able to use one of those browser plugin price tracker programs to alert you when the price drops. It may be "Faster" to respond to changes than PCPP.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Hmm......

I looked into one of those but none have really been successful,

Since this is going to be a build that I am going to upgrade over time, is there a lower end psu that you would go with if you were in my situation?

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Back on sale again now...

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh wow thanks!

I was about to buy another PSU either today or Thursday but Iĺl buy this today after school!

tysm!

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube