add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
zLuffy
  • 50 months ago

Hey guys. I'm having problems with my computer. It's overclocked and I run CPU intensive games on here 24/7, and almost every 24 hours I get white screened with my mouse the only thing movable. All my devices are up to date including windows updates. I'm pretty sure its because of my PSU, but i'm open to other reasons as well. If it is the PSU, what other PSU do you suggest I should buy?

Heres my build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/gq2tYJ

Comments

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Dunno if its the PSU problem but i can recommend one, whats your budget tho?

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

no budget

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah could well be, cx range is rated to run at 30° so if you're running the system hard you might be exceeding that.

Evga g2 is one of the top psus on the market ATM, 550w is my usual spec for a 4690k/970.

edit. as you're running 24/7 650w prolly makes more sense if you want it to last a looong time, 650w g2 is ~$95... seasonic have a good alt for ~$72

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah could well be, cx range is rated to run at 30° so if you're running the system hard you might be exceeding that.

That is only at full load which OP isn't doing, not at full load its 40C.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube