add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Mrpwnograpy313
  • 52 months ago

Hello everyone im Tim,

Im looking for a inexpensive streaming/gaming pc build.

I was told that this place is where all the pro builders are.

Im looking for no more than $650 (after tax hopefully)

Im thinking 720p @30 fps should do..

Any input and or build help would be awesome!

Comments

• 52 months ago
  • 0 points

This should do...

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor $119.99 @ Micro Center
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $53.99 @ SuperBiiz
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory $41.99 @ Newegg
Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $46.89 @ OutletPC
Video Card Sapphire Radeon R9 380 4GB NITRO Dual-X OC Video Card $194.99 @ Newegg
Case Thermaltake Versa H25 ATX Mid Tower Case $38.99 @ SuperBiiz
Power Supply SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $55.99 @ SuperBiiz
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit) $89.99 @ NCIX US
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $642.82
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-30 19:21 EST-0500
  • 52 months ago
  • 1 point

r9 380 overkill at 720p 30hz..

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

So? $650 easily gets 1080p. Plus, it has GPU streaming and recording. It's called Raptr.

• 52 months ago
  • 0 points

gpu streaming sux m8. look it up! .. spoken from experience.. im really not trying to be a **** to you or a cuntrarian.. im just tyring to get the best possible experience for the requester man. Your NOT WRONG about the card, it just didnt fit THIS build because most likely hes using a TV he has that doesnt even go to 1080 or 60hz you know?

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't need to look it up. I've got it set up. It doesn't suck at all. I understand it probably doesn't, but it's better in the long run in terms of newer, more graphically intensive games.

• 52 months ago
  • 0 points

well if you dont want to discuss the hard data because you dont want to view it then I guess this conversation is over..

• 52 months ago
  • 0 points

Peripherals? OS?

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Windows 7 or 10.. i just want to stream and play my game same computer no issues

• 52 months ago
  • 0 points

This topic has been moved from "General > General Discussion" to "Systems > Create A Part List For Me".

• 52 months ago
  • -2 points

Here ya go! Combine this with an external capture card and you will be raking in those donations in no time. Make sure you configure your OBS stream settings proper m8! This build combined with an external capture card will be better than an i3-6100 without a capture card, for you and your viewers.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor $66.88 @ OutletPC
Motherboard Asus H81M-E Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard $49.99 @ SuperBiiz
Memory Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $33.99 @ Amazon
Storage Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $43.89 @ OutletPC
Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 950 2GB Video Card $143.98 @ Newegg
Case Logisys CS206BK ATX Mid Tower Case w/480W Power Supply $28.54 @ NCIX US
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit) $89.99 @ NCIX US
Keyboard Logitech MK120 Wired Slim Keyboard w/Optical Mouse $8.99 @ NCIX US
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $466.25
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-02-01 22:42 EST-0500
  • 52 months ago
  • 1 point

That SSD is trash, it slows down as you add files to it. That case is rotten in terms of quality and that power supply is a fire hazard.

• 52 months ago
  • 0 points

lol. alright. i think you might be over exaggerating alittle here .. The SSD i chose is the one that is picked up by most LAN gaming centers and will last over 10 years without a NOTICEABLE slow down.. in like 5 years this guy will probably be switching it out anyway u know.. the case is a piece of **** your definitely right about that, but its a CASE, its literally a lower priority than anything other than the peripherals and optical drive lol..this IS a budget PC after all. As for the power supply I know nothing about that one, but im sure its a piece of **** too because its INCLUDED with the case, but it WILL provide WAY MORE power than is needed in this build and get the job done. Any "fire hazard" your talking about is surely someone that tried to overclock or use this power supply above the wattage it should have been used, or possibley someone that didnt SWITCH THE SWITCH to 220 in Europe, that is what usually happens. Anway, I would defiently replace the PSU IF and when he decides to overclock this baby in the future, along with a aftermarket cpu cooler. Be realistic 'IwannaPC . .

• 52 months ago
  • 4 points

The V300 really is trash. In the 120GB size, it is slower in sequential operations than a mechanical drive from 5 years ago. Do a google search for "V300 bait and switch." The "switched" version is good for about 85MB/s sequential read, and even slower write speeds.

There's no good reason to compromise so much on PSU/Case quality up front here unless we're getting it for free. Normally, people are paying to dispose of that sort of trash. It doesn't make sense to pay money to acquire garbage. I'm sure better could be found in dumpsters.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

haha

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

+1

• 52 months ago
  • 0 points

The best 7200Rpm spinning platter hard drive isnt even close to the performance of the worst solid state drive performance wise.. im not sure why ide even have to say that really.. That EXACT drive is the one that is chosen by TONS of gaming lan centers all around the world and will last a DECADE before you see significant loss in capacity or failure.. by then its a piece of **** no matter how you look at it..The case and psu are ****, that has already been agreed upon, however its just a case and the PSU will DO THE JOB. People take PSU's so effing seriously now a days compared to 10 years ago, probably due to the SPONSORED guys on youtube like linustechtips and alike.

• 52 months ago
  • 2 points

In non-sequential operations, yes, the V300 is better than any mechanical drive. It makes a perfectly functional SSD for booting and loading software. In sequential transfers of incompressible data, it is slower. Look it up. There's no good reason to take that compromise when there are alternative SSD's to choose from, that can out-perform mechanical drives in every measurable performance test.

I have a bait-n-switch V300, I've tested it thoroughly. It's a pathetic drive and I advise anyone against buying it.

I remember the era when nobody cared about PSU quality, including me. It was common practice to buy 3 PSU's when one died because they failed every 6-24 months even when used for loads far below rated capacity.

It occurs to me, that I'd rather have a PSU that I install in a nice case once, and can upgrade the machine around it several times over 7-10 years or more, than have to replace the PSU 5 times in that same timeframe, spending more in the process, and wasting many hours re-wiring a computer over and over again.

When cheap PSU's fail, they often damage other components in the computer in the process.

[comment deleted]
  • 52 months ago
  • 0 points

sigh, ya man totally.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 52 months ago
  • 1 point

So this will allow me to stream smoothly 720 30fps

Won't overheat and I can use elgato capture card.. This doesn't need a second computer does it?

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube