add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

swiftech h240/320 x2 prestige or ek predator 360

clarifiante

48 months ago

i currently have a h110i gtx but its getting RMA-ed soon due to clicking sounds.

my case is a phanteks evolv atx, i run i5-6600k OC at 4.6 = 1.38v and a 980ti gigabyte wf which i will eventually put under water. ek is the only company that makes waterblock/backplate for this gpu.

i've been trying to find which of these 2 are better at cooling. i live in a particular hot country and temps are really important to me.

would love to hear what you guys have experienced!

Comments

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

The H240 will perform the worst out of all of them.

The EK Predator and H320 will perform similarly. With Swiftech you can pay a premium for Noise Blocker fans which will out perform the stock Vardar fans on the Predator. Not worth it IMO.

The Prestige is $215 USD, and the Predator is $200 USD.

Would you plan on expanding into a full loop later on?

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Predator is in the the precess of being recalled atm due to leaks.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

I have the Prestige 320x2 and the Evolv ATX case. With my 5820k oc'ed to 4.1 @ 1.25v, I'm getting about 28-30 degrees C @ idle, no more than 46 degrees while gaming (so 7-25 degrees C over ambient, house is usually around 70 degrees F[21C] this time of year). I came over from a push pull H100 in a much bigger case and these temps are slightly better. The fans can be pretty quiet with a good PWM fan profile. The predator 360 prices I have seen have been consistently higher by 10 to 20 dollars than the prestige but you do get the QDC with the Predator. Also, with the Predator 360, from the pics I have seen, you need to remove the rear exhaust fan to get it in the case. My 2 cents.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube