add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Confused as to what fans to replace for water cooler and case fans. (Phanteks Enthoo Evolv).

Sleeper90

47 months ago

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/m6ZWxr

Hi guys,

I'm wanting to add some fans to the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv case but with the cooler master nepton 240mm im not sure how to go about this. I want to replace the two fans on the water cooler firstly to better ones red LED's. I'm also wanting to replace the rest of the fans in the case to better ones also red LED's can you guys help me ?.

Comments

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

I have no clue what fans to get sorry.

• 47 months ago
  • 2 points

replacing fans on clc coolers is almost always just a waste of money. may as well buy a cooler with red fans on it already. thermaltake riing fans aren't bad though if you absolutely must have red led fans. the phanteks case fans are some of the best so replacing those is an even worse prospect as anything even comparable is over £17 each and still not actually performing better, thinking of Noctua NF-A14's. if you want LED lighting in the system your best move is to buy the NZXT Hue+.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

I have been told the case has built in LED lighting is this true ?.

Also im going to leave the fans alone on the liquid cooler heard they have replaced the older fans with brand new ones which gives even better cooling and less noise :). Only thing left now is getting the right fans for the case im wanting to fill up all the fan slots.

Thank you for your help.

• 47 months ago
  • 2 points

I have been told the case has built in LED lighting is this true ?.

not really, there is a small strip on the front panel with an LED behind it.

Also im going to leave the fans alone on the liquid cooler heard they have replaced the older fans with brand new ones which gives even better cooling and less noise :).

the Nepton 240M comes with CM silencio 120 fans. I still suggest going with the Deepcool Captain 240 as it has similar noise levels and performance, but matches the theme of your build better.

Only thing left now is getting the right fans for the case im wanting to fill up all the fan slots.

the right fans come with the case. two 140's on the front intake, one on the rear exhaust. you can only add another 120 mm fan on the top bracket next to the 240 rad based cooler. though it will have zero benefits to airflow or temps.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you very much.

I have now adjusted the list per your suggestion of the deepcool captain 240 AOI Cooler thank you it will go perfect. I'm going to leave everything else alone and just keep it rather neat and tidy with less emphasis on having lots of shiny LED's.

Thank you very much.

• 47 months ago
  • 2 points

your welcome.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube