- 52 months ago
Okay I have a challenge build here that will influence, if not toss out, a build I was looking at for myself.
I already have:
- Rosewill Blackhawk-BLUE mid-tower case.
- Corsair HX750 750W 80+ Gold semi-modular PSU (Tier-2)
- Keyboard and mouse
- Optical drive - Yeah, I know, I still have media I want to use with it, including BR movie playback.
- Monitor: I'm stuck with my Asus 24" 1080p 60Hz monitor for now. It has DVI, HDMI, and VGA inputs. I'll hopefully be able to upgrade to a 144Hz 1440p/2K/QHD monitor in a few months after I get the rest built.
My intended use is Gaming, Game development/programming, programming, some graphics modeling and imaging work, and the occasional movie playback. I'll use wired LAN for network access 1GB
- Intel i7-5820k (i7-6800k Broadwell-E isn't available yet, AND it might be priced higher for the same tier of HEDT CPUs anyway.)
- 480 GB SSD Minimum (can be M.2 if you can make the budget work) Prefer a mid to high performance model.
- 3 or 4 TB HDD for data storage (media files, source code, graphic images and models, etc.)
- High end video card. I wish to upgrade sooner than later to a 1440p/2K/QHD main display running MAXED OUT, moving my current monitor to a secondary monitor.
- 32 GB of high speed, low latency RAM. (unless you can prove I need differently.)
- Sufficient cooling for maximum overclocking potential. (If you choose AiO, ignore compatibility warning for 240mm coolers. I'll make it work as long as the radiator isn't too deep.)
One last thing: Meet these requirements in a budget of $1800 USD or less... excluding MiR and exclude sourcing from Micro Center (no store close enough) and SuperBiiz (hate the hassle of the Visa Verify process.)