add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

watercooling multiple components

Itroitnyah

76 months ago

Watercooling confuses me, so I want to know more about it for future builds. Here are a few questions I would like to know the answer to:

1) is the pump on water coolers such as the 100i located on the mesh thing attached to the fans?

2) Is the water just stored in the tubes leading between the block and pump, and if so, is the water already placed in the tubes by the company, or do you have to fill the tubes yourself?

3) When watercooling multiple components, do you need to buy a pump for each component? Or would you just connect all the tubes to one pump?

4) Do blocks that you buy for other components come with tubes or should you order those separately?

I'm really just confusing myself every time I try to think about how to set up watercooling.

Comments

• 76 months ago
  • 2 points
  1. The pump is located on top of the water block you put on the cpu

2. Yes corsair fills the pump for you

3. I am not an expert on this one but i think you can have just one for all of them

4. You need to buy the tubes seperately/sometimes if you buy a kit it comes with it.

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

He's asking about the blocks not the tubes :P

1. Yes blocks for cooling components like the GPU are separate
  • 76 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright, thanks for the response. Won't connecting multiple tubes to one pump cause the pump to either consume a ton of power or move slowly, though?

And then would you just fill the tubes leading from the other blocks yourself? Would I want to get a reservoir? I can't really see where the tubes leading from the aftermarket gpu block would go to, unless they can connect to the radiator grill as well...

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

Here I think you're still a bit confused so I'm going to clear this up.

There are two types of water cooling setups.

1. All in one water coolers These come pre filled from the manufacturer and are not to be taken apart and extended to other parts as they focus on the CPU only. Example being the H100i.

2. Custom loops These can come in kits or you can order parts separately/mix match. These you have to fill and assemble yourself and can cool the cpu/gpu/ram of a computer depending on how much you're willing to cool/spend. These are also much more labor intensive/expensive.

These would be configured like:

RES --> Pump --> CPU/and/or/GPU --> RAD --> RES
  • 76 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright, so if I were to cool the cpu and the gpu I would have to purchase a cpu cooling block, the proper block(s) for the card(s), male and female tubes for each block, and a pump? Or would there already be pumps installed in each block, so I would just need to fill the tubes and set everything up? If I needed to get a pump, where would it go inside the case?

• 76 months ago
  • 2 points

You'll need:

1. Tubes
  2. CPU Block
  3. GPU Block or blocks
  4. A pump
  5. A RAD
  6. Reservoir
  7. Liquid to fill the tubes
  8. Fasteners to secure the tubes to the blocks

I think that's it but I'm not expert on this just giving you information from what I've seen/read

Here's a kit to start out with XSPC Raystorm

You can always add on to this later

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks a ton for the info

• 76 months ago
  • 2 points

If you want to water cool multiple components then you have to opt for custom water cooling solution.

You have to buy

• Fans (push/pull config recommended)
  • Reservoir
  • Pump
  • Tubes
  • Thermal paste
  • Other stuffs
  • Fan controller (not mandatory but recommended)

Water Cooling Guides:

Installing a custom water cooling system is the most advanced level in building PC's but yes, everyone is a newbie in their first attempt at anything.

Also as a word of caution, if the water cooling leaks then it'll damage the components and you can't claim warranty for components that are damaged by water.

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

Wow, thanks a ton. This will definitely be helpful.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube