add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Phanteks Enthoo Pro - Fans

Flunkos

46 months ago

Hi all!

I'm working on ordering parts for my first PC build! The case that has caught my attention is the Enthoo Pro, but I'm a bit confused as to the limitations of fan setups. From what I see, there is a bracket at the bottom front that holds the hard drive cage cover in place. Does this mean that to get a fan in the bottom front would result in a loss of all bays, including 5.25 inch bays (the cover seems to be a part of the 5.25 inch bays)? I'm also curious as to whether or not 2 140's will fit in the front with that bracket there...almost seems like it might sit too high up and block a fan. Optimally, I was hoping to have 2 120's or 140's at the front, and 1 120 at the bottom. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Comments

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Almost forgot! If a bottom fan is not possible, would having 2 fans in front as intake and 3 fans at the rear (2 top, 1 back) as exhaust be a bad thing?

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm also curious as to whether or not 2 140's will fit in the front with that bracket there..

they will fit and as a matter of fact that is the best setup for this case. You can use the 200mm that comes in the front on top panel.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

But will I be able to fit a fan on the bottom front? Like will I be able to remove the bracket, place the fan in its place, and keep the bay cover?

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

yes, you can remove the bottom hard drive cage and install a 120 mm fan. a 140 mm fan fits there as well, but there are curiously no holes for it in the front side.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the help so far, and I hate to keep asking such nooby questions, but....so is the mount at the bottom just for the bottom cage? I was under the impression that it also help the long cage cover in place...

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

what exactly are you referring to? what "mount"? the hard drive cages mount to the bottom of the 5.25" bay and essentially just hang from that, locking into each other via rails and thumbscrews.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Well I was watching a video and I saw him take off this little bracket after removing the cage cover. It is shown at 13:45 in this video being removed https://youtu.be/guBAl6g8BlY.

Just in case you can't watch right now, it's just a bracket sitting right below the drive cages.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube