add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Do I need liquid cooling?

rainb1

48 months ago

If I were to OC my PC: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/rainb1/saved/8BNtt6 Would I need liquid cooling to keep it cool enough, or just the fan is enough? If so what are your recommendation for an affordable liquid cooling?

Comments

• 48 months ago
  • 2 points

Have you built the computer yet? If you have just try overclocking it and seeing if your temps stay under control.

As for affordable AIOs. 120/140mm aios are generally considered to not be worth it due to their price. At that price point you'll get better performance going with a beefy air cooler.
As for 240/280mm aios; I can vouch for the Nepton 240m as I am currently using it. The NZXT kraken X61 is one of the best but also quite pricey.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

The cryorig H7 will let you overclock perfectly fine, not to the MAX but you should be ffine. Unless you want to get a high overclock then get a 240mm or 280mm rad or a good air cooler like the noctua NH-D15.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

There are also a couple of 360mm AiO solutions out there too. Thermaltake and Deepcool have those solutions. Finding a case that fits them is a little harder than finding one for a 280mm radiator. The 240mm market has quite a few more options.

On air alone, CryOrig also has the H5 and the R1... improving cooling power over the H7, with the R1 providing the most of the three. Noctua NH-D14 and its newer brother NH-D15 are top of the line too. The Phanteks PH-TC14PE lies right around the Noctua coolers too.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube