add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

PSU hunting help

Desert_Dunes
  • 50 months ago

i need help finding a PSU thats 850W or less but more then 750W, uses a heavy anvil on the voltage ripple, has at least 2 12V rails packing 50A or more, high quality parts and a high efficiency, and is semi or fully modular, has good voltage stability and cost 100$ USD or less

Comments

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

this unit is good, but doesn't fit most of these weird criteria the OP thrown out. also, at it's price it's a poor deal next to the 750 G2.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

hats 850W or less but more then 750W

huh? why such a specific range where 750 won't do but 850 or less will? this doesn't sound like it makes sense.

uses a heavy anvil on the voltage ripple

what does this mean?

has at least 2 12V rails packing 50A or more

I'm sure this doesn't exist. split rail power supplies at 750-1000 watts have typically 20-40A on each rail. especially with only two rail on a 750 - 850 watt they are not gonna be rated for 50A.

high quality parts and a high efficiency, and is semi or fully modular, has good voltage stability and cost 100$ USD or less

another almost impossible task (when the 750 G2 isn't on sale).

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

heavy anvil = heavy ripple suppression, 750 to 850W range is because im planning to crossfire whatever i get (which might be a 780TI or an r9 fury) after i get the second card a few years down the line, and less then 850W because unless i want to rig a car battery up to bike there is no way i can get a 850W+ PSU to pass, we do have electricity bills to pay..

and i need the 2 rails at 50A or more or one beefcake spinach guzzling 110A rail.. at which point i should probably start looking for an arc type welder to get the guts for a DIYed PSU

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

heavy anvil = heavy ripple suppression, 750 to 850W range is because im planning to crossfire whatever i get (which might be a 780TI or an r9 fury) after i get the second card a few years down the line, and less then 850W because unless i want to rig a car battery up to bike there is no way i can get a 850W+ PSU to pass, we do have electricity bills to pay..

the rabbit hole just gets deeper.... I have a tiny idea what this is supposed to mean, but the capacity of the psu itself makes no difference to your electric bill. that depends on how much power is being drawn, which depends on the hardware you run (whether you use a 450, 600 or 900 watt) and the psu's efficiency. that will be determined by average load patterns. if your system is at idle most of the time like most people's, you will get low, sub 80+ bronze efficiency on any 750 watt that isn't 80+ platinum or 80+ titanium rated (those will be just about bronze-silver level at low loads). if your system is at load most of the time and say it consumes 300-400 watts, you will get good efficiency from an 80+ gold 750 watt.

and i need the 2 rails at 50A or more or one beefcake spinach guzzling 110A rail.. at which point i should probably start looking for an arc type welder to get the guts for a DIYed PSU

just an FYI, 110A on the +12v is going to make for a ~1350 watt power supply. you don't just take split rail totals and add them up to get the max capacity on the +12v, it doesn't work that way. and again, 750 watt psu with two 50A rails doesn't exist.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

I dub thee sir gifman

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube