add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Thermaltake Core V1 - cleaning the front cover?

jtoms

46 months ago

Hi, does anyone have a good way to clean the front mesh that serves as a dust filter? mine has gotten coated in dust and I think the fan has started making more noise as it's struggling to pull in air.

I already tried vacuuming and just wiping it off to no avail

Comments

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Get a can of compressed air, blow from the inside out, and whala.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Hi jtoms,

The inside of the front cover has a foam filter. Have you tried to remove the filter from the back of the cover? If you can't, take a canister vacuum and put the hose directly onto the front of the cover with no attachment. Cover the whole front and the strong suction from the vacuum should clean it up. Then do what IwannaPC suggested. I wouldn't vacuum the in-side of the cover as it will pull anything on the outside through the foam filter. Maybe even clogging the foam filter more. Let us know if you got it sorted out.

Frank

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube