add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

My case is a pain!!!

NicholasFlamel_

46 months ago

My case is too small for my gpu Case: Cooler master k380 GPU: MSI GTX 960 It won't slide in the ports on the side are pushing it to the side and it won't fit in my PCI-E port its really annoying me as I just fixed an issue with my case fan and now this! I just want to finish my pc already xD and also my power supply 24 pin connector doesn't go in correctly it kinda pops up at the left its so annoying! :-( Thanks for you time.

-Nich

Comments

• 46 months ago
  • 2 points

Fitting the GTX 960

This shouldn't be an issue. Maybe you're too afraid to apply some force so the card would fit. Place it above the PCI-E socket, and push is slowly down. When it finds it's place, you might apply a more force to make it sit properly. There should be enough space on the back of the case where the card is supposed to fit. Don't be afraid, tings don't break that easily. :)

24 pin power connector

It has claws to fit it to the board and prevent movement. You don't push it strong enough to it's place. Same as above. :)

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok I have tried no but literally you know the 1'st of the three notches on the 960 the short the big then the short again the short won't align and I got to the point of where I nearly broke my MOBO pushing down ;-; btw my GPU can't find its place I am handing my pc over to someone tommorow

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Could you post a picture trying to fit the card showing how it's aligned?

Although I'd guess we wouldn't see both the card's and the slot's interface trying to align, since if there isn't enough space to place the extensions on the motherboard, there surely won't be enough space to make a proper picture. :(

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah it's like you know the three connectors to the mobo? The small the long then the small it's very very annoying as the 1st one is no where near the first Slot on the MOBO and the second long one is on the last slot and the middle one

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

GPU: Make sure you take off enough of the case GPU slot covers. Sometimes you have to take off the one above the card to get the card to seat properly. Depends on the cover design.

You can reinstall the cover once the GPU is seated.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Is this the black cover thing? also I took the red things off

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

I took off the dust covers too

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube