add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Last Piece Opinions

ctautopsy

46 months ago

I didn't put a lot of thought into this until I had all the components lined up. Now I'm kind of concerned about the casing. I guess I have some questions about it.

Will stock fans suffice on my build? Should I grab more? And any suggestions for other cases? Starter friendly ones? Preferably under $80. Doesn't have to be flashy. I'm still willing to build the V21. I'm really close to settling on it. I just wondered if there were better alternatives for a first build and if I need more fans than it comes with.

pcpartpicker

Comments

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

I think it's a nice-for-its-price case that's well reviewed by the looks of it

A 200mm fan provides a lot of air so you're good for intake I think, a 120mm or whatever for exhaust could be an option but with the kinda open design & all the air going in convection will prolly just take care of it.

For the build I think you're weighted a little too much to the cpu side of things, I guess it depends if the games you like are very cpu heavy but a 6100 & a 960 could provide more bang for your gaming buck I think.

If you wanna use a 950 anyway you can save almost $30 ($10 mir) on it with a gigabyte instead of the msi - http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-video-card-gvn950wf2oc2gd

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the input! Honestly, I wanted to have a foot in the door for VR. It was either a GTX 970 and so-so everything else, or settle for a little less on the GPU and plan to upgrade later with solid everything else.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Gotcha, yeah I think it makes sense to get by with a 950 then jump on the next gen when nvidia/amd finally get around to launching.

For a different case I really like the fractal design define r4/5, tho that's kinda in & out of your price range depending on model/colour/windows etc but thermaltake have a similar design called the suppressor that's 80 without or 88 with window -

Tho you'd prolly need an extra fan or 2 over stock.

Oh and that 2400 ram will prolly get knocked back to 2133, that's skylake maximum frequency without using an oc enabling z series board, you can get some lower latency 2133 to help counteract the difference if you want something faster than normal (2133/15 seems to be the baseline atm)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube