add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

New thermaltake cases Core X31 and RGB version

Tom34

46 months ago

http://www.thermaltake.com/products-model_gallery.aspx?id=C_00002786

I'm buying one of these new cases , they would appear to be very well designed and should provide a lot of practicality unlike a lot of other cases they are either lacking something like full dust filtering or ODD drive bays , or rubber grommets where you route cables, or even good cable management options, Or they are designed poorly in some aspects, like the IO being situated at the front above the ODD bays, of all the places they could put it, I have scoured the web, for my latest build, and watched lots of video reviews , this case is the only one to come close to what i expect from a case

why can't case manufacturers get it right?

Core x31 MPN CA-1E9-00M1WN-00 description Mid Tower Desktop PC Computer Chassis, USB 3.0, Windowed, 2x 120mm Fans, Black

and Core x31 RGB version MPN CA-1E9-00M1WN-02 description Mid Tower Desktop PC Computer Chassis, USB 3.0, Windowed, 2x RGB Riing Fans, Black

Comments

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Hi Tom34,

Thermaltake has been doing a good job with their latest builds. The cost are excellent if you keep your eye out for deals. I have been a long time fan of the Corsair Obsidian cases with the 450D a favorite. My last build was with the Thermaltake V71 and I have been really pleased with the case, its features and the cost. I think you made a good choice with the V31.

Frank

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

BTW It is the new case Core X31 & not the V31 and has the front IO on the top and a psu shroud

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Opps, yes it was the X31 I was talking about. Sorry about that.

Frank

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

No worries

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

I have the V41 and think it's a great case. The new designs like the x31 look outstanding. It addresses the wishlist I had for my case like the psu shroud and grommets. I don't have a spec of dust inside my case and it's been running for months. I would rate Thermaltake very high. Some people complaint hat the metal is a bit flimsy compared to Fractal Design but I prefer a lighter case. http://pcpartpicker.com/b/dLNNnQ

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube