add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Another PSU suggestion post

hossenfefer
  • 50 months ago

So this thing is almost built. http://pcpartpicker.com/user/hossenfefer/saved/#view=pK8NnQ

Feel free to not rip on the entire thing, i'm just looking for PSU advice.

I've read a few posts saying that i should get a 1000w PSU for the 9590, so i've narrowed it down to the XFX P1-1000, Rosewill Quark 1000, Corsair RM1000x, and the EVGA GQ-1000. They all seem to get decent reviews on the usual sites. I'd prefer a Platinum unit to save a few bucks since this'll be running 24/7.

That being said, could i get away with an 800+w PSU? Newegg has a Seasonic x850 on sale today that would just put me a case away from completing this thing. Otherwise, should i hold out for the 1000w?

Thank you in advance

Comments

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

I know you said don't rip apart, but I can't let you continue.

What is the purpose for this build?

Anyways, the RMx beats them all. http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=449

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

no worries. i hate it myself. but i already have half the parts from an old build. feel free to tear it apart.

anyway, it's a Plex server and at any given time there are 1-4 users streaming from it. according to Plex's website, you want a 4000 Passmark score per video transcode. the 9590 scores at around 10,250 so it's a significant upgrade from what i currently run (which was not originally built to be used as a host). the only processors more powerful are i7s and Xeons for $200+ more.

yes, i already know that the extra i'm spending on the PSU and cooler have already eaten up most of my savings. that's the past. i'm just trying to finish this up.

also, i was kind of experimenting with some of the parts. if that cooler or the RAM suck, i'll just replace it.

thanks for responding

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube