add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How Many Times Can I Clean Install Windows 10?

LeftSkidLow148
  • 52 months ago

Hey guys,

I just built my computer two days ago and I realized that I downloaded a number of programs that I don't need (the contents of the CD's that came with my motherboard and GPU). Instead of trying to delete them individually and potentially leave traces of them on the SSD, I thought it might be best to just clean install Windows 10 again to get a fresh start.

I'm just wondering how many times can I re-install Windows 10 from the BIOS using the OEM Windows 10 CD (http://pcpartpicker.com/part/microsoft-os-kw900140). I didn't know if there is a limit to the product key or if it is unlimited as long as it is on the same computer.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

No limit but a phone in to Microsoft may be required for whatever they consider abnormal number of installation in a specified time period.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Sweet! Thanks, Warlock =D Maybe I better check to see if Microsoft phones are open this late before I start =P I appreciate the quick response.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

You're welcome.
Re: Checking, No need. Fresh installations typically provide 30 days leeway before activation is required.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Even better! Many thanks, Warlock!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube