add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Power supply that comes with individually sleeved cables

JMak00
  • 50 months ago

I'm looking for a power supply that comes with pre-sleeved cables...does one exist?

I currently have an EVGA 750 B2 semi-modular but am itching for a fully modular unit so I can use sleeved cables and improve the look of my rig.

I am running a 4690k, oc'd to 4.5ghz, along with a R9 280X gpu, ssd and hdd. 750 is too much wattage for me, so 650 would do well.

I've looked at all kinds of cable extensions which for my current unit would work for the power and two gpu cables, but I also have two sata power cables and on perif power cable that have the exposed rainbow coloring where it plugs into the power supply, so extensions don't resolve that.

Would appreciate any help here, thanks!

Comments

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

there is one I can think of from bitfenix, but it's based on an old, group regulated platform. it's overpriced because of the cables it comes with. needless to say I don't recommend it.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

They do actually make sleaved extensions for sata cables (kinda, the one I'm thinking of is a molex to 2 or 3 sata adapter technically) what is "on perif"?

other than just getting sleaved extensoins for everything your best bet would probably be just to get a fairly popular fully modular unit and some of them have aftermarket sets of sleeved cables

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Just ordered the evga 650 GS unit to do just that...looking at the cable mod extension set for both power cables and the gpu cables...thanks for the reply

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

No problem

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

would this work with the evga 650 g2 unit? TIA!

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

I believe the connectors are rhe same, ( I am basing that off of the fact that I think I saw a cable set labeled as for g2 and gs among some other models, so you should probably check that) I'm asuming you mean that the cables are the same.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

nope. and you should have ordered the much better 650 G2. the GS is made by seasonic, but not performing at their usual standards. the connectors are not the same at all. the 650 G2 is made by superflower and has solid capacitors inside the cables.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Oops, i bought the G2 unit.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 50 months ago
  • 1 point

yes, that is a universal extension kit. now, did you order the 650 GS like you said above or the 650 G2? either way, an extension kit is fine, but they do sell basic cable kits with the essential cables for each psu.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd like to find individual replacement solutions for the power and gpu cables only, but, I've been stymied here on this.

It seems either that I buy a full set (too expensive) or go with extensions (like I linked to above). I'll keep looking amd thanks for the reply.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks! I had seen that kit, but the lack of included cable combs (which they include with the $29 extension kit) and lack of a straight 8-pin and 6-pin cable is what pushed me away...

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube