add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Casing & Mobo Compatibility

Devastator099999

46 months ago

I've recently decided to build a computer and I have been studying them for a while now and I think it's time to start picking parts.

I do have a few questions though. For example, I was looking at an 'Asus Maximus Hero VIII' motherboard on another website(not sure whether or not I'm allowed to mention its name). I was looking at the form factor and it said ATX. So I decided to find cases on PcPartPicker with an ATX form factor so I filled in the search filters with an ATX Full Tower and found a Corsair 750D Airflow. I then read it's motherboard compatibility and it listed ATX, EATX, Micro ATX, Mini ITX, XL ATX.

Even though the Motherboard I'm getting wasn't listed, I still threw it into PcPartPicker and it said it was compatible with the motherboard.

So I am wondering, will this Motherboard fit into this case, and also, how accurate is the casing compatibility on this website because at the bottom it says something Physical Dimensions cannot be automatically checked.

Since this will be my first build, I'm sorry to be asking stupid questions like this.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

It will fit no problem.

The Asus Maximus VIII Hero is an ATX motherboard and the 750D Airflow all the following form factors: ATX, EATX, Micro ATX, Mini ITX, XL ATX.

Quickly looking at the completed builds using that case, I found the one below https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/XDYrxr.

This build uses the same motherboard too.

Hope this helps!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube