add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need Help On Slim mITX case

Lightningkid

46 months ago

As the title says. I'm planning to build a mITX pc , and I need help with the case. I'd prefer something like RVZ02 (https://au.pcpartpicker.com/part/silverstone-case-sstrvz02b) because I want to able to carry it on my bag or something, so anything boxy is out of question. Can you guys suggest me something smaller than that one? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 46 months ago
  • 1 point

That's pretty sweet! But sadly I'd like to be able to carry it on my bag, so looking at the dimension it'd be too think to fit :(

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

ML08 - they even make versions with a carrying handle. =) They're actually the same chassis I think but with a different exterior. You might also considering going with something slightly larger - like the FTZ01 - to have better cooling and a dedicated spot for the 3.5 drive. (The other two need an ITX sized GPU to fit a 3.5" drive.)

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

That one's really cute! But yeah, the size is pretty much the same. I'd prefer something smaller actually, not that I know it's possible or not..

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

you could go with an ml06, but then you'd be limited to low profile gpus.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

That's what I've been thinking, but besides lan party I'll be using my rig for graphic design too so low profile is out of question. So it's impossible after all to have a case smaller than that huh..

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

For a full blooded gaming machine the ML08/RVZ02 is about as small as you'll get without being a cube (trust me, I've been looking at SFF cases for weeks trying to decide). If you're moving around a lot I'd probably go for the ML08-H. My next build will be an RVZ02 because my wife prefers that case and it'll be in the living room.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

But the drawback is that you can't have any fan right? Will this be okay? I mean, I'll be using the rig for some graphic design as well, do you think the gpu fan and cpu fan could handle it?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube