add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

5820k benchmark

Dripz

44 months ago

I managed to get 4.5 oc on this stable with several stress test and a decent score of 1324 in cinebench.

Pictures available on my build

http://pcpartpicker.com/b/Kvr7YJ

Comments

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

1)At what voltage? 2)And what are your max temps at load? 3)Is this permanent full time OC or are you using adaptive voltage?

• 44 months ago
  • 2 points

1.3 volts, max temps was 81. Permanent oc

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

That's a decent chip- good job. I recommend Adaptive Voltage after trying it with my recent 5820 build. Idles at 1200mhz, turbos up to my 4.4GHZ OC settings as needed. PC runs cool and quiet for typical tasks and ramps up for gaming/ rendering/ etc.

• 44 months ago
  • 2 points

Thanks man! Sounds good I will check it out, my computer hasn't really been loud most of the time I barely hear it.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

It definitely uses less energy and that's the primary benefit. Also, less power = less heat generated. Experiment with enabling Adaptive voltage, turbo, and EIST in your BIOS. The goal is to keep the max voltage to the processor the same as your current OC (1.3V), so you would have to observe the voltages in something like HWMonitor during a stress test with adaptive voltage turned on. Then determine if you need a negative or positive offset and apply as needed.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube