add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
herefordacontest

48 months ago

Personally love them, grew up with them. What does everyone else think?

Comments

• 48 months ago
  • 2 points

They are coming out with a new console that seems pretty badass.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

They have some pretty good exclusives, but right now that's all they have. the n64 was the bomb (even if the names weren't always very creatively named)

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

they lost their way after the 64... everything after either sucked, was marketed wrong, or was marketed for too few people...

the ds/3ds has been crap. too many revisions, too many versions, too many pointless bs overpriced games... however at this point they have overtaken sony on jrpg and anime games, which is what they SHOULD be marketing more as those fans are not typically 10yo kids with no income... but are usually later teens into the 30s

the game cube told everyone over 12yo that Nintendo didn't like them anymore and sold nothing but kiddie junk with a few rare games for the older crowd, which destroyed the market share a ton.

wii was an awesome gimmick... but that's all.... again its main focus is kids that cant buy games themselves yet and older people as a conversation/fitness gimmick device... awesome machine, but it didn't take hardcore players serious and so even while it sold a ton, it didn't make anyone care when it faded away...

wii u is just stupid... the concept of the dual screen controller portable thing is great, and some of the games are nice, but WTF did Nintendo think would happen when they named the new and vastly different system the same as the old one... and again kept up mostly little kid games.

the NX better bring back upper teens or the company will be having serious issues... they need more of the big games, and should really cross develop some of their properties on other systems and pc... not a lot, but SOME... Zelda for instance would be awesome on all the other systems as well... imagine a Zelda that could compete with the witcher in scope, sales, and accolades... or a Star Fox using a proper flight stick on pc... or a Mario franchise that stopped releasing so much garbage and just focused on awesome games, not often games... They need to pull their heads out of their asses.

the BEST thing Nintendo could do is to build a steam machine like device or a NVidia shield like device. If they just use common hardware and some easier to learn apis that are not so far off from the ones used by other big platforms, they can turn it around, especially if they get aggressive on price and market heavily for a older generation of kids.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

They have sold more wii u's than the playstation 4 and the xboxone combined... But yeah only the zelda and smash bros are the only thing I really like on it.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

ya, they sold as a cheap novelty. Low prices made them fly off shelves, and they had a gimmick everyone had to try... its the wii fit that REALLY sold them though... my mom and sister both bought them JUST because of that.

• 48 months ago
  • 2 points

My girl fell for the wii-fit gimmick. It collects dust now and we do real fitness instead. Still, good marketing campaign - selling to mum and the kids.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

I got mine because of smash bros, star fox, mario cart 8, zelda, and I had an old wii that was dead an no way to play all my old wii games.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Got it for Christmas the year it came out, btw.

[comment deleted]
  • 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Who Doesn't

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Loved the gameboy colour, N64 and Gamecube. The rest is crap to me. I do think Nintendo aim at a younger audience though and I've outgrown it.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Diehard fan. Smash is my game. Love jrpgs such as fire emblem and shin megami tensei as well. Pcmasterrace/3dsmasterrace imo.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Grew up with the Gameboy Colour and N64. They were my last Nintendo devices though, moved onto the PS1 after the N64.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

I grew up with, and love them.. That's NES, SNES and N64 though - they lost their way with the cube on wards IMHO.. Or maybe I just grew up and Nintendo didn't. Anyway, the Wii was tooly and I skipped it as well, but the Mrs has one and Zelda was playable/ok, if not completely repetitive. I'd rather emulate the gold stuff of yesteryear and stick with PC nowadays.

Hence my HTPC build and the consoles sitting idly in my lounge. Turns out that they're going up in value so I guess that's a good thing..

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Recently started replaying a few old(ish) Pokemon games, and theyre pretty fun. Nintendo pretty much lost me after pokemon Black/White though.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Same! Just couldn't keep up with the amount of content they were pushing out, and got left behind.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

I like their exclusive titles, but as a company, they're no more or less evil than Microsoft or Sony. Remember when they tried to get all of the walkthroughs of their games pulled from Youtube?

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

They stuck with the outdated cartridge when Sony went with the CD - the idea being to keep it all locked up for the 64 if I recall. Then they conceded when everyone moved forward to DVD, but they went with the mini disk yea? lol, it reminds me of an old guy shaking a rake at kids riding on the footpath, only to give up and write an opinion piece for the local paper about it.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

I mean when I think of Nintendo, I think of the word classics. The beloved Mario bros and Zelda games and that's why Nintendo is no longer something I even pay attention to. They stayed behind because of their stubbornness to not change. Those that embraced change and the evolution of technology outgrew them such as Sony and Microsoft.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Except nintendo still makes more money than both the xbox and the playstation...

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Is that true? I would think Sony and Microsoft would be making more profit.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

No, not in the console area.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Love Nintendo. Nothing better than Zelda.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

I grew up with atari Sega n Nintendo but I was always on my snes nothing better then blazing through super Mario listening to brotha lynch hung it just made Mario a g

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube