add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Phanteks Mini ITX Case

Scorpiiious

46 months ago

I've nearly finished purchasing all my parts but I'm concerned about the air flow I will get in this case. Do I have enough fans? Is it worth even going air' in this ITX Case? Most things I've read good reviews about the case but they've all AIO/watercooling.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6600 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor Purchased For $224.95
CPU Cooler Phanteks PH-TC12LS_BK 53.3 CFM CPU Cooler -
CPU Cooler CRYORIG M9i 48.4 CFM CPU Cooler $39.00 @ PCCaseGear
Motherboard MSI Z170I GAMING PRO AC Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard $279.00 @ CPL Online
Memory Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory Purchased For $80.00
Storage Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive Purchased For $111.20
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive Purchased For $68.00
Video Card PNY GeForce GTX 970 4GB XLR8 Video Card Purchased For $0.00
Case Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX Mini ITX Tower Case $109.00
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply Purchased For $159.00
Case Fan Phanteks PH-F140SP_BK 82.1 CFM 140mm Fan $21.00 @ Scorptec
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1091.15
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-02-10 21:18 AEDT+1100

Comments

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Mini ITX cases look awesome.

That said, you are going to be limited by the size of the case when it comes to cooling. On the other hand, Phanteks makes quality hardware, and with slots for 4x 140mm fans, that should be more than adequate if you are not going to overclock, and it is always worth getting fans in the case. That isn't a loud case, and with 140mm fans instead of 120, it would be much quieter and cool better than with 120s. It looks like the case only comes with 1 fan though, so I would get more I may be wrong, but I don't think non-K CPUs can be overclocked anymore.

(I'd probably go with this cooler too)[http://au.pcpartpicker.com/part/cryorig-cpu-cooler-h7)

Or, you could get a pricier liquid cooler. You have room at the top in the two 140mm fan slots for a large 280mm radiator. That could wroth looking into.

Your name...Farscape fan?

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks mate for all the advice! :D

Is the Phanteks PH-F140SP_BK 82.1 CFM 140mm Fan good? Quiet and Cooling? What do you recommend for 140mm fans? How should I have the fans setup?

2x Front 1x Top 1x Rear (Exhaust)

Awesome, I did have that in the back of my mind the H7 and H5 :P But wanted to have all phanteks theme, lol.

I don't think I'll water cool. As awesome as it looks, I can't stress enough it leaking lol.

Thanks again for all your help again! Much appreciated!! <3

LOL! Nope. I had to google that though XD Damn, that character though. xDDD Looks like he stole Cat Woman's outfit xDD

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube