add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

EVGA 600B Question

tomtomj2
  • 50 months ago

Would this PSU be able to handle an i3-6100 with a GTX 780? I already have it with the i3 and a 960 but I just want to ask because the 780 has a higher TDP, and the 600B is more of budget PSU so I dont know if adding a 780 will cause it to fail.

Thanks for the help :)

Comments

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Not coming close to overloading it and it's getting proper cooling like it should anyway? Congratulations! It's fine.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

At load its estimate would be 402 watts with the 780. I have 2, 120mm case fans in the front and most of the cables are out of the way, drive cage is infront of the bottom fan.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Is it intaking air from the outside?

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

The front 120s are taking air from the front vents, and the fan for the PSU is facing down

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

http://outervision.com/b/B5Dwxq

I used this PSU calculator, what do you think?

• 50 months ago
  • 2 points

Either way it's probably fine.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Alrighty, thank you very much! :)

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Super overestimated. See my other comment.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

No chance will you use 402w. Expect more like 300w with the system under full load and around 250w while gaming.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

I just went with estimate it gives you in the partpicker. Thanks for the input! :)

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

No problem. That estimates is always over exaggerated.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube