add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Corsair SP120 PWM Quiet or High Performance Edition for H100i

rakenrol14

76 months ago

I've read that the stock fans are the best but I (like everyone else) prefer to have the color rings for looks. Which would be the better option?

Thanks a bunch!

EDIT: H100i will be set up as exhaust mounted up top a Fractal Define R4 case.

Comments

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

Personally I put the quiet editions on my H100i. I think it was the better choice as the Performance I feel would have been a bit louder

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

How are your temps Ryne? Did you OC?

i probably should just look at your build lol

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

I haven't had the chance yet. I was going to two weekends ago when I had a bit of time to sit and run stress tests but I couldn't get into the BIOS for some reason....

I'm going to try again this coming weekend. I'll let you know around that time if you'd like

I'll post later tonight what my idle temp is at stock speed just to give you an idea if that helps as well

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

that would be awesome. thanks Ryne.

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

Np!

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

I have yet to O/C like I said before (will be trying this weekend if it'll let me into the BIOS)

my Idle temp right now is fluctuating between 23.9 and 24 C

• 76 months ago
  • 2 points

i'd say that's pretty good as that is within the range of room temp. looking forward to your overclocking. gonna stare all day at this website waiting for your update lol

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

The High Performance Editions come with voltage reducers. So I would just get the HP Editions, try them out, and if you don't like the sound just put the voltage reducer on.

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks Monarch!

• 76 months ago
  • 0 points

You want them to perform better or be quieter?

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

let's say halfway between performance and quiet?

• 76 months ago
  • 0 points

Id get the sp120 quiet they will will still perform good but completely quiet. Not as good as high performance but performance is louder.

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

will there be a big gap in cooling or is it pretty close?

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

you need the quiet edition high static presure. the high performance to the best of my knowlege are for the case.

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

isn't it the other way around? high performance would have more static pressure vs the quiet? at least from what i've read that's how it works.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube