add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Help Needed on a Mini ITX Build

pyrolo
  • 52 months ago

Hello Everyone and thanks in advance for the help!

I want to build a Mini ITX gaming computer on a Budget. I already have a Corsair 380T case (Gift from an Awesome GF) and was hoping to use it soon. This is my first time attempting to build a PC and Underneath is the general sense of what I need.

Budget: *Hoping for 600 Dollars  (Case not inlcuded), but I'm Flexible*

Location: *Currently in Dominican Republic But will be in NYC in the month of March.*

Use: *Gaming; Will be connected to an HDTV and used as a media center.*

Peripherals required (monitor, keyboard/mouse, etc): *None*

Operating System required: *Already have Windows 10.*

I did some research and was think of using the following parts in my build: pcpartpicker.

Truth be told, I lost on what motherboard,PSU and Memory to use. With regards to the MOBO, I was hoping for something with wifi or that would allow a wifi/bluetooth network adapter.

I would really appreciate some suggestions!

Comments

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor $124.69 @ OutletPC
Motherboard MSI H110I Pro Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard $74.99 @ Amazon
Memory Crucial 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory $39.99 @ Newegg
Storage Sandisk SSD PLUS 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $64.99 @ Amazon
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $49.89 @ OutletPC
Video Card Gigabyte Radeon R7 370 2GB WINDFORCE 2X Video Card $130.99 @ NCIX US
Case Corsair 380T Mini ITX Tower Case $0.00
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA GS 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $74.99 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $560.53
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-02-13 23:47 EST-0500

Those Kingston ssd are no good man.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

You can up t the gpu to the 380 I just figure the games you will be playing aren't going to be that intense if your using an i3

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

The main reason I chose an i3 was for the price, Plus I could always upgrade to an i5 in a year or so. I just though a better GPU was more important than CPU for gaming.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Well what games are you planning on playing?

Often times the CPU can be just as important.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Wow That was Fast! Thanks for the reply!

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube