- 52 months ago
-Edit- I just bought the parts! Check my comment below for my final build. Thanks for the help!
I'm planning to build myself a new gaming pc, capable of playing most games at at least decent fps (4k). The pc I'm currently using is a 3 year old pc I built myself, but it doesn't really like 4k resolution that much, so I thought it was time for an upgrade ;)
- CPU: i7 4770k (watercooled, because it started overheating (while idle) after 2 years)
- GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB
- MB:Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H
- RAM: 2x8 GB Kingston HyperX blu DDR3
- Storage: Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB (SSD) and some HDDs
- Case: Cooler Master Haf X
Monitor: Philips BDM4065UC (4k, 60Hz)
- Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5
- Mouse: Corsair Raptor M45
I won't use old parts for my new pc (except for my SSD+peripherals).
What I need:
- CPU (i7-6700K?)
- GPU(SLI 980ti? Wouldn't really know what brand to go for though)
- Power Supply
- Storage (1-4 TB HDD and/or a 256-512GB SSD would be nice)
- Case (although this is more a matter of taste, I'd like to hear some recommendations ;) )
- Aftermarket Cooling (I would prefer to have something more silent & cooler than the stock coolers (at least the CPU))
I know SLI generates a lot more heat, so I don't really know if I need to go for watercooling for one or both GPUs.
- Budget:3000 euro (a bit less would be nice, a bit more may also be acceptable)
- Location: Netherlands
- Use (Gaming, Rendering, etc): 4K Gaming, some rendering
- Peripherals required (monitor, keyboard/mouse, etc): None
- Operating System required: No
- Overclocking: Not immediately, maybe in the future
- Red color scheme
- Quiet (doesn't have to be completely silent :P )
- Intel + Nvidia over AMD
I hope I didn't forget any important information, otherwise let me know!
Thanks in advance!