add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Your Fan Set-Up for NZXT Phantom 530 (Or Suggestions)

ArgyleBuilds

46 months ago

So I've already purchased everything minus fans. From what I've read if you have a decent CPU cooler the two stock fans will be fine, so I'm not sweating it. But just out of curiosity, what is your fan set-up for this case? Why did you choose what you did? What would you change?

Any suggestions for my set-up would be appreciated as well. I'm overclocking an i7 6700K (cooled with a Kraken x61) and using a Maximus VIII Hero & Asus 980Ti Strix.

P.s. A lot of people have asked this in the past and their threads are completely unanswered. So responding to this one might help some folks in the future. :)

Comments

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

I didn't need the drive cages so I added some exhaust fans at the bottom to exhaust the heat from my overclocked 980TI.

I did leave the 200mm one in the front and the 120mm in the back.

I also put in my H100i GTX radiator at the top with 2 120mm intakes.

Doubt the bottom fans were needed but wanted to ensure the heat didn't remain in the case.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Generally you want at least one intake fan and one exhaust fan. The goal is to have good airflow through the case. Having slightly more air flow in (positive pressure) is generally considered better as it can keep dust from being brought in from small openings.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube