add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

A PC that can run No Man's Sky maxed.

philwillprevail
  • 52 months ago

Hey guys, old time pc game fan but fell off the wagon a long time ago. It's time to hop back on though. Im not up to date on whats good to go anymore so that is why i need your help.

Im pumped about No Man's Sky and basically want to run that on high-max settings. Also want to game on other games like Fallout 4 and Final Fantasy on high-max.

The budget is $600-$800. Since I need everything, peripherals and all I may consider up to $900. Let me know what you guys might put together. Id probably want to overclock.

My location is South Carolina, if that matters...

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• 52 months ago
  • 3 points

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor $174.89 @ OutletPC
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H-A Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard $49.99 @ Newegg
Memory Crucial 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $30.99 @ Adorama
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $49.89 @ OutletPC
Video Card Sapphire Radeon R9 390 8GB Nitro Video Card $309.99 @ SuperBiiz
Case Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case $29.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $44.99 @ Amazon
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit) $89.99 @ NCIX US
Monitor AOC e2250Swdn 60Hz 22.0" Monitor $99.98 @ Mac Mall
Keyboard Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Gaming Bundle Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse $28.45 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $909.15
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-02-18 00:43 EST-0500

If you want to go to $900, this is going to be your best bet. This will have no problems maxing anything out at 1080p. Very strong GPU+CPU combo. You will sacrifice overclocking, but a 4460 will beat out an overclocked AMD chip any day of the week in terms of gaming.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the response. Definitely helpful in my research!

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

I messed around and came up with this. That gives the build a black/blue theme. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/QFFnZL Although there is a compatibility note, not sure if the is significant to me. The case has two fans, so do I need to get a cooler? Any ideas or tweaks to maybe lower the price but keep performance?

• 52 months ago
  • 2 points

That's pretty solid man. The only thing I would change is the 960 to a 380. Not too huge of a difference but it will get more FPS in most games at a similar price. One other smaller thing is your power supply. It's not terrible, but you can get a more efficient, bronze-certified one (the EVGA 500B or 600B) for like $10 more. Also, you don't need a CPU cooler, the 4460 comes with one.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Cool, do you mean this MSI Radeon R9 380 4GB Video Card?

• 52 months ago
  • 2 points

Any one really. Get a 4GB one if it's in your budget.

• 52 months ago
  • 2 points

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YHtdpg You can save some money by rolling the six core down to a 4 core and if you don't plan to overclock the stock cooler would work instead of the 212 EVO. The case is one of my favorites and has been on sale here lately. You could spend a bit more on RAM and go for the 16 GB set, but for gaming and general light use 8 GB is plenty. The R9 380 is a great card for 1080p gaming and is the first generation to have AMDs Liquid VR. The 256 bus allows it to utilize the 4GB VRAM much more efficiently than its green competitor the GTX 960. I filled in some basic peripherals for you. The CM Storm set is a great mechanical KB and mouse for the price. The speaker set is pretty good I still have it and for the price point I can't complain. AOC is a solid brand with good quality and excellent pricing. Also, since you have been away for awhile the Kingston SSD would be your boot drive(Windows installation), and the WD Blue would be where you store your games, media , and such. A little light reading will catch you up on that area.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I had to research SSD's a little. Thanks for the quick response. Much appreciated.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Not a problem happy gaming.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

I messed around and came up with this. That gives the build a black/blue theme. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/QFFnZL Although there is a compatibility note, not sure if the is significant to me. The case has two fans, so do I need to get a cooler? Any ideas or tweaks to maybe lower the price but keep performance?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube