add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Going from laptop to PC (First build)

Sal0787
  • 51 months ago

It's been a looong time since I've posted something. I've finally saved up enough money to build me my first PC that will last me a long time...hopefully.

I've talked to a couple of people that all said they like the parts I picked and that it was a solid build. But, I would also like to reach out to all of you to help me as well.

So here's the link to what I built so far. http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Sal0787/saved/fp8p99

The first SSD (120GB...I might downgrade) will be for my OS only.

The second SSD will be for games only. Originally I was going to get a 1TB SSD but I had a couple of people that talked me down to at least a 500GB.

Finally, the third HD is going to be for everything else (storage, other software, etc.).

Let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions.

Comments

• 51 months ago
  • 2 points

Drop one of the ssds and upgrade to a 980Ti

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

For the sake of saving money you could get a windows license on kinguin and drop the liquid cooler. The cooler won't provide that much improvement just go with a good air one

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube