add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need help on $2000 gaming build

Jade25
  • 52 months ago

First time builder here. Main thing would be for gaming. I live in the US. I have Windows 10. Need a monitor but will not be included in the price. I will pick up a cheap monitor for the time being. Hoping to buy a decent monitor later in the year...maybe 4k? I want the 980ti, NZXT H440 case (not sure on color yet), and Intel CPU. Not sure about overclocking on CPU or GPU as I have no clue how to yet and don't want to break it. Not sure if I should get an I5 or I7 as I would like to get another 980ti down the road. Also would like the NZXT Kraken X61 liquid cooler. Unless there is a better one? My big problem is which motherboard, memory, and cpu go together. Would like a rig that last a while and can be easliy upgraded in a couple years. Need advice from top to bottom. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. I realize that doesn't leave much wiggle room for everything else. My choices could be tweaked. Not totally stuck on everything except the 980ti.

Comments

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the reply. Quick question though. Will the stock fans that come with the case and the cooler be enough or should I upgrade the fans as well?

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for your input and quick response. Hoping to start ordering parts in the next week.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube