add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

HELP NEEDED: 600C Owners - Radiator Compatibility

syntaxerrur

46 months ago

Has anyone seen this case with a 280mm radiator on the front and a 360mm radiator on the bottom? I have both of these radiators with 45mm thickness and I'm concerned with compatibility. For those of you out there with the same concern, here is what the Corsair Tech wrote:

Me:

Hello Corsair!

I am in love with the 600C and wanted to purchase that chassis for my next upcoming watercooling project. I have some concerns with the radiator thickness compatibility and was hoping to get some clarification. I see in your pictures that you have an h100i GTX installed on the bottom and with that installation, there is barely room for the 120 exhaust fan. This radiator is considered slim and the radiators that I have are 45mm thick. This is larger that the installed radiator that you guys show.

Now, I would like to fit a 280 (45 thick) in the front and a 360 (45 thick) on the bottom. I'm almost sure that I will need to sacrifice the rear exhaust fan with this configuration and I'm OK with that but will these two radiators run into each other?

Thank you for your help in this matter!

Corsair:

Thank you for contacting Corsair regarding our 600C Case. The two radiators will definitely have conflicts. The bottom radiator will need to be 280mm or shorter to fit two. Please let us know if you have any other question.

Me:

Thank you for the reply. Is this just because of the 45mm thickness on both radiators or would they still have conflicts if the 280 and 360 radiators were only 30mm? Basically, is there any configuration that would allow both a 280 and 360 radiator to fit in this case at the same time?

I have yet to hear back from them and I'd like to reach out to the community in case they have come across a custom loop using these radiators in this beautiful chassis. Perhaps even the kind folks out there who own this case would be willing to measure just the mounting locations for me so I don't waste my money trying to figure it out. Pretty please!

Also, anyone have suggestions on an alternative case that's attractive and supports this configuration without going into the "super tower" category?

Comments

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Also, anyone have suggestions on an alternative case that's attractive and supports this configuration without going into the "super tower" category?

Phanteks Enthoo Pro M probably would. It looks like it's rated for 360 both top and bottom, though I would clarify if that's at the same time. And the Acrylic version would be hot since you could have all the drives behind the MoBo tray. =P Their Evolv line would be worth looking into as well. Phanteks is actually pretty good about designing their cases around watercooling. Granted they're one of the newer companies, but it wasn't until recently with their P400 that they made a case specifically for air-cooling.

Staying within Corsair, the 450D would be interesting since it looks like you can mount a radiator on every side. Lol.

And with regards to losing out on your exhaust fan, there are always slim options, or even mounting the fan outside the case. If you're worried about something getting caught in the blades Silverstone has some that have guards on one side, and you can always mount the dust filter there. =)

http://www.tech-critter.com/2014/03/prolimatech-ultra-slim-vortex.html

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube