add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

I Have A Few Questions About Installing Windows 10

EthanPotato
  • 51 months ago

I am going to be building my first PC in about a weeks time and I had some questions about installing Windows 10 (The OS I am Getting). Firstly, what is the exact process I need to go through to install it without a disc? Also, I know I will need some form of 4GB storage device for it, but don't have a flash drive of that size, would a portable hard drive (like a WD Passport) work? Finally, if I just purchase a key, can I use that key in the installer? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

This is much more expensive than just buying a 35$ key and a flash drive though

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Hate to break it to you buy there is no such thing as a legal and legit $35 key. Those are all dev keys and not legal to sell or buy.

• 51 months ago
  • 0 points

This. Its not legal but you aren't going to have the police breaking down your doors or Microsoft taking you to court over it.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

The issue with them besides being illegal is that they usually become deactivated within a couple months.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube