add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Overclocking Performance with i5-4690K/Thermalright True Spirit 120 Power Cooler

theblondemonkey

47 months ago

Just wondering how much of an overclock I'll get with the 4690k and the Thermalright True Spirit 120 Power Cooler. Also is there another cooler for a similar price which has better performance? Also is it worth replacing the stock fan with a different one?

Comments

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

For the $40 range there's the Cryorig H7 and H5, be quiet! shadow rock slim, Thermaltake Silent Frio 14, Arctic I32/A32, Raijintek Themis Evo, and a few others. But that's the primary ones.

Keep the stock fan, but if you need more case fans, then it might be worthwhile to upgrade the fan since you need to buy a fan.

An estimate for your overclock can't really be guessed since it's such a lottery on how well binned your chip is. =)

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks! However, is the True Spirit 120 any good because I like the design of that one a lot (that's why I went for it).

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/thermalright-cpu-cooler-ts120mbwreva http://pcpartpicker.com/part/thermalright-cpu-cooler-truespirit140power

There isn't a True Spirit 120 Power, which one are you looking at? If it's the top one, it's not as good as other coolers in the price range, but if you like the looks, you like the looks. =)

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah I think it's called the power in the UK (that's the title on amazon uk).

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube