add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Office/Gaming PC $800 (First Time Builder)

b.wright111
  • 51 months ago

Greetings exalted brainiacs of the nethernet region,

I'm looking to drop my title of "Console Pleb" and join the l33t PC Master Race. I'm mainly going to be using it for my freelance art with Photoshop's new cloud service and for gaming in my free time. I plan on mainly playing Skyrim, semi-heavily modded. Looking for a rig that will allow me to lock in 45+ fps while using an ENB, texture mods, AI mods and far reaching draw distance all in Ultra/High settings. I have all peripherals: monitors/TV, mouse, keyboard. I have an extra 500GB Hard Drive that I could salvage from my old PC, I would prefer a SSD for my new OS and Skyrim/Photoshop Installs.

I was on part picker and once the part list loaded of all the different GPU's and CPU's and etc popped up, I became a tad bit intimidated. Especially since my coworker said certain brands don't play well with others - compatibility wise - so that could bottleneck and bog down the system of an un-savvy first time computer builder.

TL;DR - I need a build for under $800. - I will most likely buy all the parts in two shipments. - Used for - Photoshop Illustrations/Medium-Heavily Modded Skyrim/KotOR I & II -- (Texture Mods, ENB, Overhauls, AI, Far-Draw Distance, 45+fps, etc.) - Already have peripherals: Monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, extra 500GB HardDrive, Xbox One Remote.

Comments

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Here is a quick parts list that I already had saved from a build I did recently for somebody with similar requests. It doesn't include a genuine licensed version of Windows but they can be purchased for $95 if you need it. Also, I can modify this parts list if you want to move up/down in price or customize certain parts, but we can start here and work our way to a final build for you.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/mHNr3C

PS: while your friend is partially correct about compatibility; don't be intimidated. I'll explain any/everything you have questions about and you will realize how easy this stuff actually is.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube