add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How much RAM should a good gaming rig need ?

URX111

47 months ago

This is my fantasy gaming build http://pcpartpicker.com/user/URX111/saved/#view=FFC7YJ Does anybody have any knowledge on how much, frequency, and any other info.

TNX Paul C

Comments

• 47 months ago
  • 2 points
  • 47 months ago
  • 1 point

For a build like that, 16gb would be preferable.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

16 is good if u have it at a nice 2400 mhz

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

in my fantasy gaming build i had 64 gb of 3000mhz ram

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

minimum 8gb, but 16gb is ideal.

for speed, you want the fastest stuff you can get without paying a high premium for it... if you can get 3000mhz for almost the price of 2133mhz, that's awesome, but if you have to pay $20 more, then don't bother.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

8GB Minimum, but if you want to get the best performance you should be safe and get 16GBs

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Bottom line : 4

Minimum : 6

Skimpy : 8

Reccomended by me : 16

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks people for you wisdom and insights . I think I'll stay with 32GB and maybe drop the frequency to 3000 MHz . I was wondering if a 4x4 kit would be better ? If I stay with 2x16 I could always upgrade with another like kit , and make it 4x16 = 64GB later down the road ! ! ! Maybe I should go with 16GB , I'll have to think on this . If it's better for gaming , that my main thing .

TNX Paul C

• 47 months ago
  • 2 points

32 gigs is overkill, unless you do some HEAVY *** rendering or video edits.

4x4 usually looks better, but that is subject to opinion

• 47 months ago
  • 0 points

4 will limit you severely. As in, everything you play will have to be on the lowest quality possible, and even then you won't be able to play the majority of games.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Thats why i put it as a bottom line.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

8 gigs is fine for most things, but 16 is preferable.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 47 months ago
  • 1 point

32gb is excessive, but now its getting to the point that 16gb is well within reason as some games will just chew up 8gb, especially if streaming or multitasking...

[comment deleted]
  • 47 months ago
  • 2 points

Judging by the price of this PC, 16gb would help with the longevity and for streaming/multitasking.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

yup.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube