add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Crossfire power supply?

SirFluffy
  • 78 months ago

Hey guys, I'm currently planning my new build and I am going to use a Radeon HD 7970 Ghz Edition. But, in order to keep up with the games for at least some time, I thought I would CF it after about a year or something. So, just wondering, how powerful of a PSU should I get? :)

My currently planned build: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/SirFluffy/saved/2wVA (The RAM isn't decided yet)

Comments

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

in the build just add another in and it will give you the estimate watts and then just add like you would for a regular build.

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, yeah, I know I can do that, but I got this explanation how the PSU:s work from another forum: (He used GTX 770 as an ex.)

The HX750 is 62A at 12V. That gives you about 618 watts limit at 12V for actual use. With 400 watts of a pair of GTX 770, up to 100 watts in overclock of the CPU, 60 watts for the cpu cooler and system fans, and 25 watts for the HDD surge start, you are at 585 watts at full load, and allow for overclock on a GTX 770. For crossfired HD 7970's add 60 more watts, I think it is too much for the HX 750.

Wanted to see if this forum would say the same :)

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube