add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Mini ITX case: Do I need a modular PSU? -- Thermaltake Core V1

nomadstrategy
  • 50 months ago

I would like to get a very nice value $60 PSU that is silver super flower non-modular, but I hear some people recommend fully modular PSUs. This would mean having to spend $100 in my location. Is the difference substantial?

Comments

• 49 months ago
  • 2 points

They just make your life easier and can be better for air flow if the unused cables would otherwise block your air path

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

You don't NEED it, but it highly recommend it and much easier to work with. My struggles with EVGA hadron with a NM PSU were pretty horrible. It can be done, but it's easier. Your case is pretty roomy, so I'd say go for the cheaper one if your budget is sub $900 or if you don't care about looks.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

honestly I prefer full modular just because it's so much easier to work with and cleaner looking. That being said I agree with the shark as well ^ if you don't care about looks or are on a budget go with a good cheaper one if need be.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Usually modular systems are better for confined spaces, but if you got the room and are on a budget go with the cheaper one. Just make sure the quality is there and you'll be fine. Just more work with cable management.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

That V1 case is really easy to hide cables, they all just stuff down in the bottom. The motherboard are on the top of the cube, PSU on the bottom.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube