add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Good quality, reliable PSU's...

Starlana
  • 78 months ago

Hey guys, I'm preparing to make an order, but I want to know what are the best PSU's. Due to warnings from posters, I'm returning my budget PSU to get a new one. I have already received a few suggestions of good brands...Corsairs, Seasonic, and XFX, but are there any other brands that can compete? There is a very long list of PSU brands in the search. I'd like to get the best deal possible, while maintaining good quality and reliability. Thanks! Starlana <3

Comments

• 78 months ago
  • 2 points

Some EVGA and cooler masters psu's are good. although i rarely see builds with psu's from PC Power and Cooling they are supposed to have strong psu's as well

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, I was wondering about PC Power and Cooling. They had one on sale recently...

• 78 months ago
  • 2 points

What is your budget?

If you're looking for a strong 60$ PSU, here it is http://pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-power-supply-p1550sxxb9

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

I dont want to spend more than $100 (perferably around $80), but I want good brand/reliability and modular or semi-modular. Needs to power an i5 K series, possible OC in future, gtx 760 gpu, and msi mobo.

• 78 months ago
  • 2 points
  • 78 months ago
  • 2 points

Based on those criteria, I'd choose a Seasonic G550 - high efficiency, outstanding quality, and semi-modularity (review). Trading away some efficiency for a lower price and higher peak output is the Seasonic M12II 620W - also a superb semi-modular choice. If you'd really prefer full modularity, Silverstone's Strider Plus 500W is a good option for < $80 (review).

But whatever you choose, always look up professional reviews for it - JohnnyGuru and HardwareSecrets have some of the best PSU reviews available.

• 78 months ago
  • 2 points

Here's a list of PSUs ranging from 600-899 watts that are either semi-modular or modular and are from the brands Seasonic, Corsair, PC Power and Cooling, EVGA and XFX

http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/power-supply/#w=800,700,600&p=1,2&m=11,14,95,71,39&sort=a7

Hope this helps

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 78 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you! That's fantastic! :D

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube