add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Xigmatek Nebula C thoughts for new Skylake mITX build

bobbin

46 months ago

Does anyone have any experience with the Xigmatek Nebula C?

I'm considering getting it for my new mITX build, copied below, as I really like its look and dimensions. Note that list isn't completely finalised, its just to give you all a general idea of the system I'm planning (6600k, gtx 970, 16 gb ram and a SSD or 2).

I'm just wondering how the case performs heat and noise wise, ideally I want it as quiet as possible so I'm a bit worried about the fact it only has a single 120mm fan, I don't want to have a mini turbine in my room whenever I start gaming.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor £199.96 @ More Computers
CPU Cooler Noctua NH-L9x65 33.8 CFM CPU Cooler -
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z170N-WIFI Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard £112.41 @ Dabs
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory £65.00 @ More Computers
Storage Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive £65.99 @ Amazon UK
Video Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video Card £249.95 @ Amazon UK
Case Xigmatek Nebula Mini ITX Tower Case £69.59 @ Overclockers.co.uk
Power Supply Cooler Master 450W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply -
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total £762.90
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-02-24 18:35 GMT+0000

Comments

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

I really wanted to a build with the case but ended up going with a larger form factor since I was using a 290. Here's a decent review of it. (also note the table isn't flat, not a problem of the case being wobbly.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMMO-qrAeQQ

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2015/02/12/xigmatek-nebula-c-review/3

There's some temperature information. It looks decent enough to me, though that's a blower style (albeit with a higher TDP.) I think the PSU acts as an exhaust too so that would help temperature performance. Noise wise, obviously no personally experience, but I think you'd be fine with a low tdp card like a 970 and a no spinning disc drive.

If it were my build, and noise was a concern, I'd probably shoot for one of the dual fan compact 970s since blower cards have a habit of being noisy, a larger HSF for the CPU (120mm fan option, and probably one of be quiets! Straight Power 10 C(M)'s power supplies. That'd give you a PSU with a larger and much better fan. Obviously the case, being budget orientated, doesn't come with one of the best case fans either so changing that out wouldn't hurt.

Another case worth looking at is the Raijintek Styx. It's about the same size but has more fan options and is mATX.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube