add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

a new build install ???

NotPlaywitJay
  • 51 months ago

So I'm finally sitting here with all the pieces of hardware for my 1st build and dumb me thought I could just go to wal-mart or staples and buy windows 10 on disc to install and NO I CAN'T! apparently they only sell codes for installing online...So as you can probably already guess my quest(ion) is? Can I install widows on a new build from the internet? I'm thinking "NO!" Why you ask? Well I think it's because there isn't anything on the PC yet to get online to know how to DL anything. Is this correct? Thanks!

Comments

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

This is correct. You need something else to buy it with.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm have the same issue. I Contacted best buy they do not sell the iso usb. How have you install the OS on your new system? I don't have spare pc.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

best buy sells them behind the counter of customer service you just get in line and ask for it, all they sell is the windows USB now, they said they don't sell disc copies anymore. It was kinda tricky figuring out how to use it but after watching a few different YouTube videos I finally got it done!

[comment deleted]
  • 51 months ago
  • 1 point

how would I get one of those at best buy(is this something they just sell on the shelf or do I need to ask for it special?) and then what would be the difference in the installation process?

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube