add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

NZXT Phantom said was compatible wth my board but its not

Greyhawk

46 months ago

Bought he Black/Orange NZXT Phantom and and MSI Z10A Gaming M7 Mobo and it said there were no issues - except you cant get access to the backside of the motherboard as the two left holes are obscured by the motherboard tray. You can only see the right hand holes.

What are my cooling options?

I feel let down by the site :(

Comments

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Cant you put the bracket in place and then screw the motherboard in the case? does it fit?

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Is it the 810? Are you talking about cable management options? I don't really see where you're talking about. And that's just a standard ATX motherboard... I would think it the blame would be on NZXT if there's some sort of incompatibility, not PCPP or MSI.

http://www.kitguru.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/ACC_1336_DxO.jpg

Can you post pictures of the problem?

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

It's still compatible, i have the same issue with my case, youjust have to mount your cpu cooler before you install your motherboard.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

It took forever to get the board in the case due to the board being slightly warped and me having absolutely no dexterity. This is the first time I have tried to build a PC so I'm nervous as hell.

The absolute last possible thing I want to do is have to remove the board again! Are there any coolers around where you dont need access to the back of the motherboard?

I don't know how rugged these components are to be honest. Thanks for the replies.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Don't be nervous, they're actually fairly tough and removing and reinstalling the motherboard is actually super easy and a lot less nerve wracking than say replacing your cpu.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

I should add that due to RL issues its taken months to get this far. I don't have a cooler ordered as yet as I'm finding it a bit bewildering what to get. I dont plan on massive overclocking so could probably get away with a relatively cheap one.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Done some digging and plumped for https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/cooler-master-cpu-cooler-rrtx3e22pkr1 as it doesnt require mobo disassembly and looks solid (well cooler master are a good make). Cheap as well so should be able to get a better PSU!

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

the problem is if the case covers two of the four mounting points are covered you'd need to be able to reach the back for the screws, that one should work fine however as it just has the clip holders on it. Trust me this was extremely frustrating when I upgrade my wife's cooler only to find out her case covered the back of the cpu mounting points.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Well it looks like the CPU is dead. No POST, no nothing except some lights on the Mobo. I dont know if I damaged it when I put the cooler on :(

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube