add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

awesome old games

joshzpants

47 months ago

Right now I'm running the integrated HD graphics on the g3258 and Im wondering what are some really good old games that I should get. I already have halo ce and that has been a blast and I'm thinking maybe something like half life should be next

Comments

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

If you can manage to find it I really liked the X-Com Terror from the Deep and Birthright, The Gorgon's Alliance and even Baldur's Gate back then.

Theres also emulators of course.

The fun thing is many of these old games are recently coming to surface through things like Steam recently.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Star Ware Empire at War: Forces of Corruption is really fun. Still alive today because of the modding community.

note: Forces of Corruption is the expansion for Empire at War.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Star Wars Empire at War Gold (includes Forces of Corruption expansion with tons of great mods on moddb.com).

KOTOR and KOTOR II (especially the second after the update and tons of mods, go to deadlystream.com and steam workshop).

There's also the original Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon which could be run on a potato.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

I was planning on getting KOTOR I AND II since I never got to play them and I always hear such great things about the first. Thanks for link about the mods, never even thought about that and I'm sure it will make the game even better.

Is it possible to get these games off of steam or another site, or do I need a physical copy?

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Don't need a physical copy. The games are on Steam. Don't know about other sites.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

alright, cool. Thanks!

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

soldier of fortune 2

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

woah never heard of it before just now, just finished watching a video of it and it looks pretty cool. Do you know where I can get a digital or physical copy of it?

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

used here: http://www.amazon.com/Soldier-Fortune-II-Double-Helix-Pc/dp/B00006599Y

it takes some digging to get it new....

make sure you get all the updates for it to play multiplayer... theres still dedicated communities for it if you look around online, and they tend to keep servers up.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 47 months ago
  • 1 point

lol pretty much every one of those are on my to do list of games. Do you know where I can get a digital copy of halo 2, or is it still disc only?

[comment deleted]
  • 47 months ago
  • 1 point

I was afraid it was disc only lol, I've been looking into getting the game for a while. Thanks for the help!

[comment deleted]
  • 47 months ago
  • 1 point

the only problem is that I have a mini itx case with no drive option :P I do have an older external one though, I dont know if it works still

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube