add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

is 500W PSU enough for me?

navieh
  • 49 months ago

My first build is listed here: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/navieh/saved/#view=ynDPxr

I wonder if the psu is enough. I haven't added my mouse and keyboard and other USB devices yet. The calculator shows: http://outervision.com/b/7oaUZZ

Please advice. The build is already over my budget so I don't want to waste my money, unless it is really recommended to have higher wattage.

P/s you may think im overbuying some parts but at my place these are what available. I just want to double check the PSU only

Comments

• 49 months ago
  • 2 points

ya, its fine for light duty.

if you plan to game at all, I highly recommend going with the i5 instead and getting a better gpu.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, with that GPU 500w will be more than plently - you'll be good up to a GTX 960, but anything above that you'll probably want to get a higher wattage unit

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Please advice. The build is already over my budget so I don't want to waste my money

Do you really need an i7?

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

could settle for a haswell i5 and put more money towards a more power gpu

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube