add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is a Case w/ PSU ok for this type of use?

MSD2550
  • 49 months ago

So I have a AMD Sempron 3000+ Socket 939, on a ASUSTeK COMPUTER A8N-LA motherboard. It's really old and I want to get it up and running. I'm not planning on doing anything serious with it like gaming or whatever, mostly web browsing or just something to put in the TV room, so no GPU or maybe a really low-end one for its display ports.

So my question is, is a case w/ a power supply good to use for this kind of thing? I usually hear that the PSUs that come with cases are bad, but I don't want to buy a case and a psu separately for something I'm not really going to use all that often.

*Forgot to add that if I don't choose this case, would the PSUs in other Case/PSU combos be alright too?

I was looking into this case, https://pcpartpicker.com/part/rosewill-case-r379m.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I'm mostly worried about the PSU being bad.

Comments

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

That case and psu are probably fine for your use. Using old send cheap hardware with it will be fine.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube