add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Which liquid cooler for I7-6700k (no overclocking) ?

3BDLRHMN

47 months ago

Hello everyone I'm gonna buy this gaming pc from ibuypower that is called (gamer paladin Z980), ofcourse I've customized it and changed some parts to better ones, and the CPU will be the I7-6700k. But I don't know which one to choose for the liquid cooling, the ones that ibuypower is offering are : Asetek 510LC Asetek 550LC corsair H55 Corsair H60 Corsair H90 NZXT kraken X31 NZXT kraken X41 And Corsair H100i (this one is 240mm) That's it As I mentioned, I'm not interested about overclocking, I need one for simple use cooling. And I wanna know, is H55 good for normal use ? Thank you all and have a nice time.

Comments

• 47 months ago
  • 2 points

I see, the site gives you a free upgrade from i7-6700 to i7-6700K, that's why you chose the K series even though you will not overclock. Freebies are always welcome, right? :)

Back to your question: since you are not going to overclock, any cooler would do really. They should be capable to keep the CPU under allowed temperature under normal load. Overclocking it however is a different story, better cooling is required.

Would you change your mind about overclocking, I'd pick their Corsair H100i. Otherwise you can pick any of the two $0 coolers (Corsair H55 or Asetek 510LC) to save some money.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

lol, Thanks a lot buddy, I chose the I7-6700k since it has 4 ghz, and that's actually good, and I'm gonna overclock, but not now because it doesn't need to for today's games, but I think I'll, maybe in 5 years or something. Btw, what does freebies mean ?

• 47 months ago
  • 2 points

I'm not a native English speaker, so you made me check for the word: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/freebie

Yep, it means what I meant: free stuff :)

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

This message is just an alert for the latest replies, you find them at the bottom.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

So you're buying something, like this

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor $369.99 @ B&H
CPU Cooler Corsair H55 57.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $59.88 @ OutletPC
Motherboard MSI Z170A PC MATE ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $115.89 @ OutletPC
Memory A-Data XPG Z1 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2800 Memory $44.99 @ Newegg
Storage A-Data Premier Pro SP900 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $169.99 @ Amazon
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $49.89 @ OutletPC
Video Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 4GB WINDFORCE 3X Video Card $477.99 @ SuperBiiz
Case Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case $59.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply CoolMax 800W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $76.99 @ SuperBiiz
Optical Drive Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer $19.89 @ OutletPC
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1445.49
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-01 12:40 EST-0500

If you were to make the build yourself, you could save $250. Or get better items for the same price.

Some notes:

1. The GTX 980 Ti or the GTX 970 both have better value for money than the GTX 980. Of course the GTX 970 performs less than the GTX 980.

2. Do you want options for future upgrades? If not, you don't need a 800 W power supply. You can get something cheaper. But rather get something of better quality, like the EVGA SuperNova 850 they sell.

3. You've chosen a motherboard that does not support a 2nd NVIDIA graphics card (only 2 AMD cards). You should go for MSI Z170-A SLI Plus, instead. They would give that to you for free. With that you'd have the option for 2nd graphics card later on.

4. Also, for free they offer 2800 MHz memory modules instead of 2400. Pick those instead. ;)

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks a lot for the advice, but actually it's not THAT much of saving, you said I could save $250 but I think you didn't consider the free stuff that ibuypower is offering, and the warranty service, and don't forget that it's already built and you only have to turn it on, so if you consider all that, I might be saving like $100 at most. However, the pc isn't like the one you've mentioned (but close), so I'm gonna type the spics for you in my next reply.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Limited Time Offer: 1 x [FREE] - iBUYPOWER MEK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (Red Switch)

Limited Time Offer: 1 x [FREE] - KWORLD G98 Gaming Headset

Limited Time Offer : 1 x [FREE] - iBUYPOWER High Performance Gaming Mouse Pad

Case: 1 x Raidmax Horus Gaming Case - Black

Case Lighting: 1 x iBUYPOWER RGB Smart Lighting (Software Controlled LED Lighting Kit) - [FREE] 1 Smart Lighting Strip - Top of the case

Processor: 1 x Intel® Core™ i7-6700K Processor (4x 4.00GHz/8MB L3 Cache)

Processor Cooling : 1 x Corsair Hydro Series H55 120mm Liquid CPU Cooler - Standard 120mm Fan

Memory: 1 x 8 GB [4 GB x2] DDR4-2800 Memory Module - Corsair or Major Brand

Video Card: 1 x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980Ti - 6GB - Single Card

Free Stuff: 1 x [FREE] - 802.11AC Dual Band Wireless USB Adapter

Free Stuff: 1 x [FREE] - McAfee Antivirus PLUS

Free Stuff: 1 x [FREE Game Download] - Tom Clancy's The Division

Motherboard: 1 x ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming -- 3x PCIe x16, 2x USB 3.1, 4x USB 3.0, 1x M.2, DDR4 Memory

Power Supply: 1 x 850 Watt - EVGA SuperNOVA 850 - 80 PLUS Bronze

Advance Cabling Options: 1 x Professional Wiring - for all standard default cables inside the system

Primary Hard Drive: 1 x 128GB ADATA SP600 V2 SSD + 1TB 7200RPM Hard Drive

Optical Drive: 1 x 24x Dual Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive - Black

Sound Card: 1 x 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard

Network Card: 1 x Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)

Operating System: 1 x Windows 10 Home

Additional Software: 1 x NZXT CAM - Hardware Monitor Software - Preinstalled on your PC

Mouse: 1 x iBUYPOWER Standard Gaming Mouse

Monitor Cable: 1 x 6.6 ft. Braided HDMI to HDMI Cable - Shielded Cable for maximum interference rejection; 4K resolution ready

Advanced Build Options: 1 x iBUYPOWER Specialized Advanced Packaging System - Protect your investment during transportation!

Warranty: 1 x 3 Year Standard Warranty Service + 1 Year Return Shipping Coverage Plan - Cover return ground shipping costs for 12 months

Rush Service:1 x No Rush Service (Usually Ships in 5-10 business Days)

All that for $1966 Btw thanks for telling me about the word ( freebies ), we learn something new everyday. And thank you for getting my attention for the MB sli ability, so what do you think about the asus z170 pro

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

All the parts have warranties.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

The ASUS Z170 Pro is a fine motherboard. And it supports SLI. :)

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

if you are not planning to overclock, any of them are fine, so either get whats cheapest or what you think LOOKS best since they will all easily be more than enough for that cpu at stock settings.

the H55 and 510LC are the same model from asetek but with a slight pump difference. The asetek one has a tall cover over it and the lines come out at a different angle than the corsair unit... its pretty much just a cosmetic difference though.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you so much.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

All of them are of bad value and are out done by HSF's of similar price but since all they offer is AIO coolers I would just go for the cheapest.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks a lot, of course I'm gonna change the cooler later on, but I'll go with these at the moment.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube