add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

for BLACK DESERT ONLINE build

markcore

47 months ago

For all those who plays and know about Black Desert Online, can this build run the game in 1080p,high settings or if possible ULTRA,60+fps? I've searched a bit about it but seen mixed feedbacks.. I have i7-6700k + MSI R9 390 with 16gb RAM.. PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor $513.25 @ Vuugo
CPU Cooler Corsair H100i GTX 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $139.69 @ Amazon Canada
Motherboard MSI Z170A GAMING M5 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $243.46 @ shopRBC
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory $120.98 @ Newegg Canada
Storage Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $118.40 @ DirectCanada
Storage Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $90.98 @ DirectCanada
Video Card MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB Video Card $468.98 @ DirectCanada
Case NZXT Noctis 450 ATX Mid Tower Case $168.75 @ Vuugo
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $131.84 @ DirectCanada
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit) $126.00 @ shopRBC
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $2122.33
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-01 19:09 EST-0500

Comments

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

An i7 is over kill, I'd get a better GPU.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Get an i5 -6600k, a i7 is almost always overkill, and the case is a bit pricey, it will be better to get a case from Phantek, or Fractal. You might also want to change your hard drive to a 1 terabyte and a ssd, and if your not doing overclocking get a air cooler like cryorig h7, and a power supply where it can draw more power, rating usually depends on what setup you.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

What if i'll get the i5-6600k wat would be the best GPU match you think? im trying to get i7 for futureproof. When DX12 will come out as ive heard,and probably buy a new pascal GPU, so i7 could cover all the needs imo.. And im very much happy with the case:) i'll go search some those brands you mentioned tho.. Also im planning to overclock :D but at the moment i just want to focus the build for Black Desert.. thanks for the info

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

With DX12 AMD benefits the most at this current time, but you should wait for more games that support it, and if you want a Nvida graphics card go ahead, and no matter what you try to do to "futureproof" something new will always come out nd beat it, and i7-6700k is nice but you can go with i7-5820k if you really want a i7.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Would you recommend BDO to someone who's new to the computer gaming scene? I saw that it officially came out today for NA and was thinking about getting it.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

I would recomend the game if youre ready to spend a lot of your precious hours playing one game:D What i mean is, mmo games like BDO are so addcting which will probably result you to ignore other good PC games out there that you havnt tried yet. Thats only based in my own experience. And yea, it came out today.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Depends on your liking.

BDO is more of a hardcore sandbox MMO with no fast travel and complete liberty.

The game does look amazing though if you wanna try it go ahead but unless your PC is top notch, dont expect the highest settings here! :)

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

I have a 980 Ti and an i7-6700, do you think that would handle it?

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Should be fine!

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube