add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Bouch84
  • 51 months ago

Here is my new build, i change my ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA for this new Motherboard, I changed my cooler but i would like some advices for the Ram... I'm mainly gaming, streaming (sometimes i have 2 games open) and going on youtube i would like to know if 16g of corsair is too much/too expensive? If it is, can you guys tell me what your proposition ? Thank you

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Comments

• 51 months ago
  • 2 points

Get some Corsair LPX Vengeance RAM instead. It's much cheaper and it's going to be fine for what your doing. I have it myself and would definitely recommend it. One more thing. Could you explain your reasoning for the storage setup you currently have in the build list? I may be able to give some input on it.

• 51 months ago
  • 3 points

^ Agreed. It will do the job and it is has a low profile appeal to it. The CAS is decent and the price is great in my opinion. 16 Gb would probably be the best for you if you plan on running multiple applications in the background at the same time. https://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-memory-cmk16gx4m2a2400c14 This is what I suggest going with. Do you though.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

To be honest there is no explaination hahahaha I want alot of SSD because i want to install all my games on it and my IOS on it and for the 1TB.. well I dont know haha and for the vengeance, would you recommand me 16G or 8?

• 51 months ago
  • 2 points

A lot of games don't even get any better with an SSD. Not even loading times. Just get one 500 GB Samsung 850 EVO drive for some programs and games, and you should be fine. As for the RAM, go ahead and get 16GB. Multitasking will thank you for it.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

16GB of 3000 2400 or ?

• 51 months ago
  • 2 points

2400 CAS 14 is the best. The link DarthNada gave is the one.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you alot for all those repply and all those advices !! if you guys or someone else have some advices about all the build would appreciate it !!

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Is 2133Mhz CAS 14 good?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube