add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Dell Studio XPS 540

Weyland_Utani

45 months ago

Good morning PCPPers. I have a Dell Studio XPS 540 that I am hoping to breathe some new life into. I have always liked the case and hence why I am trying to get some ideas for a complete rebuild. I know the case doesn't have the best airflow so maybe this is an entirely ridiculous idea, but my idea would be to have this as a secondary gaming rig. Please let me know what you think, or any idea(s) you may have. Thank you.

Comments

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

How much of the existing hardware do you plan on keeping? Or are you going to gut the whole thing and only reuse the case?

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, I plan on completely gutting the case. I don't feel there is anything in the case worth keeping at this point.

[comment deleted by staff]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube