add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Case/Cooler Compatibility

kazini

45 months ago

Alright so I'm looking for a new case for my wife's build, and I like the look of the Silverstone GD09B Case which will fit her ATX sized motherboard and her r9-380 in her rig currently, however according to pcpp's compatibility plugin it says her cooler is not compatible with the case, but by my measurements the cooler should clear the top of the case by a little bit just wondering if anybody could clarify a little more for me.

She has a Cryorig H7 which is listed as being 145mm in height from base to the top of the cooler and the measurements for the Silverstone case are Height6.69"Width17.32"Depth14.09" so by my measurements it should be okay but the last thing I want to do is buy a new case and have her cooler not fit -_-

Comments

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Maximum CPU Cooler height for that case specced is 138mm.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 45 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah for some reason I assumed that the measurements given were internal case size. derp.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube