add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Info About Phanteks Enthoo Pro M ATX Mid Tower Case?

Constantos

45 months ago

Hello!

Yesterday on the 'Part List Opinions Wanted' board I posted a thread asking for some advice on a build I am doing.

(link for reference: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/forums/topic/142236-advice-on-parts-and-possible-complete-rethink )

ajcardiac answered me there with some lovely info for me to dig into and recommended the Enthoo Pro M case. From what I am seeing on reviews and photos and vids it looks a nice case but the one thing I am wondering is that it seems to be quite bare until you buy more parts for extra drives and so forth.

On the one side, this means a wider customization to personal taste but on the other side it is quite like buying an app for a phone and then having to do micro transactions just to get the full features unlocked.

Would this case really be the best one I can grab or should I consider another?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

The enthoo pro M is a very nice case. For your build you dont need to get any extras, at least for now..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS8qUvhetV4

The case doesnt come with any fans on the front panel. I would advise you to get better fans and get 2 140mm as it will move more air at less rpms.

Do you have a final list?

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks like I'm sold on the case. I do love the possible changes I can make in future as I get more serious and more money to play about!

I almost have the final list. the one from ajcardiac is a close one. I do prefer nvidia to radeon cards but then I havent used a radeon in serious forms in years so I have no real personal experience of them to say either way.

I was thinking of 16gb of ram and a gtx 950 rather than the r9 380. Getting the r9 380 means giving up on the ram I would like to have as my last build years ago suffered from me putting too much money into cpu and not enough into gfx or ram.

Plus for the 950 is its cheaper but a minus is quality of graphics and only 2gb. plus for the r9 380 is its 4gb and on game debate and a few other reviews seems to do well but minus is the cost and having to give up on ram.

The good thing with that case is that lets me put quite large cards in it.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor £172.79 @ Novatech
Motherboard ASRock H170 Pro4S ATX LGA1151 Motherboard £77.94 @ More Computers
Memory Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory £33.71 @ Novatech
Storage A-Data Premier SP550 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive £35.99 @ Ebuyer
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive £41.88 @ Amazon UK
Video Card XFX Radeon R9 380 4GB Double Dissipation Video Card £159.98 @ Novatech
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M ATX Mid Tower Case £59.59 @ Overclockers.co.uk
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply £74.99 @ Amazon UK
Optical Drive Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer £12.48 @ Ebuyer
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full (32/64-bit) £84.90 @ More Computers
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total £754.25
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-06 15:48 GMT+0000

Possibly looking to change the gfx card and put in 16gb but atm still not sure.

Thanks for the advice btw!

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

RAM is one of the easiest and cheapest upgrades you can do to a PC. Just get the GPU you want.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

If HardwareCanucks likes it, you should like it. They make the best dam (hehe) case reviews there are.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube